Make a Real Living as a Freelance Travel Writer

Becoming a freelance travel writer. Doesn’t that sound exciting? Well, truth be told, it is.

If you’re thinking about joining the writing world in any capacity, I recommend picking up a copy of the informative book, ‘Make a Real Living as a Freelance Writer: How to Win Top Writing Assignments’ by Jenna Glatzer.

My copy is more than a little dog-eared but that’s the way a good book should be, don’t you think? Even though I’ve been writing for more than thirteen years, I love to pick up writing books wherever I go as I always find some bit of information or idea that I haven’t considered.

And don’t be misled; being a freelance travel writer is hard work. The payoff is not in the money but in the travel experiences themselves. There’s not always steady income so it can be a somewhat worrisome job at times but the thought of travel always keeps me going. Where will I be next? Paris? Hiking? Jamaica? A weekend road trip? This is the life.

If you’ve read or decided to grab a copy of Glatzer’s book for yourself, tell me what you think!

No comments :

Post a Comment