With the ever growing popularity of staycations, it's no wonder camping is an option that many families are considering for the summer. But if the thought of camping in a tent gives you the heebie-jeebies, Kampgrounds of America (KOA) has the perfect alternative for you.
KOA offers a selection of accommodation options including Kamping Kabins, Lodges, Kottages, and even a stay in a classic Airsteam trailer. Let's take a look at the details of each of these family fun opportunities:
- Kamping Kabins - sleeping from 4 to 6 guests, these one and two room cabins offer the basics; bring your sleeping bags, towels, & toiletries and you're set
- Kamping Lodges - also sleeping from 4 to 6 guests, the Lodges offer a separate bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen, plus central heat/air
- KOA Studio Lodge - the newest addition to the family of accommodation for KOA offers sleeping for 4 plus a bathroom and fridge
- Kamping Kottages - are available as a Standard Kamping Kottage (sleeps 4, with a double bed & bunk bed; log table & chairs; bathroom) or as a Deluxe Kamping Kottage (sleeps 4; log table & chairs; kitchen; bathroom, and living room)
- Airstream - these brand new trailers offer a nostalgic camping experience with all the modern amenities; available on at KOA in Santa Cruz/Monterey Bay, Sugarloaf/Key West, Bar Harbor, ME, and Las Vegas
Photos Courtesy of KOA