Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Travel Writer Battling Breast Cancer

I may be absent for awhile, but hopefully it won't be long - I'm fighting a battle with breast cancer and I intend to be strong.  


In the mean time I encourage each and every one of you to get involved in cancer fund raising, support of friends going through this terrible disease, or by taking better care of yourself - and yes, it's okay to be selfish, your life could depend upon it.


It's sad to know that 1 in 8 women will receive this unwanted gift while 1 in 5 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer.  Please visit a wonderful resource, BreastCancer.org, for more information on how to lower your risk of getting breast cancer.


A big thank you to my readers for following my Travel Writer blog everyday!  I'll try my best to keep interesting travel information coming your way at least twice per week while I venture along this most unexpected trip ;)


Take care & be well,
Connie


Flickr.com Photo Credit:
Breast Cancer Fundraiser Cupcakes by Sugar Daze

No comments :

Post a Comment