Gotta love this - Bourbon Street is one of the most popular tourist attractions in New Orleans. Many visitors spend hours wandering along looking up at the beautiful wrought iron balconies filled with people enjoying good old New Orleans fun. And many wonder, how did they get there?
Well, it's as simple as being in the know. Check out these party venues with balconies the next time you're in New Orleans courtesy of the New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau:
- Bourbon Cowboy - ride the mechanical bull at this saloon-style bar fit for cowboys and cowgirls alike - it's a popular place for parties including bachelor & bachelorette
- Bourbon Heat - with a traditional New Orleans feel with a carriageway and courtyard, this is venue is anything but - this high energy bar offers live DJ's and dancing until the wee hours of the night
- The Bourbon Pub & Parade - this gay bar is open 24/7 and comes complete with karaoke, drag shows and sexy go-go dancers
- Krazy Korner - a much quieter scene for those seeking live blues & jazz - be sure to visit during their 3-for-1 happy hour, or not ;)
- Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville - well, even thought it's a restaurant/bar chain, they've got decent food, live music and balcony views
Don't forget to check out Travel Writer's Spring Music Festivals in New Orleans! For more information, visit the New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Flickr.com Image: Bourbon Street, New Orleans by burnstar