Bates Motel Set, Aldergrove, BC


I've always been a Hitchcock fan. I'm also an avid fan of the prequel TV series, Bates Motel, starring Freddie Highmore & Vera Farmiga. Imagine my surprise when I discovered on a recent trip to Vancouver, that the Bates Motel exterior scenes are filmed on set in Aldergrove, BC.


Here's the exact address of the Bates Motel set in Aldergrove, BC. It's near the US border, seemingly on a road to nowhere, in a residential farming district. But if you look closely, you'll see it on the right hand side as you're driving, just up on a hill, with it's eery Hitchcock square roofline staring down at passersby. The Bates Motel set address is 1070 272nd Street in Aldergrove.




When I visited, the set was closed for the season so it was entirely fenced off,  to keep out any psychos, no doubt ;) I love the looming Alfred Hitchcock silhouette on the upper window. I became so preoccupied with the house itself, that I didn't really get any full shots of the motel but you can still make it out on the right. The Bates Motel set proved to be harder to find than I thought, only because of the GPS saying I was heading the wrong way, so I turned around, but then found out it was the correct way to begin with...

They'll be on set to film the final season of Bates Motel, sigh, starting approximately September 23 and will wrap up filming sometime in January of 2017. The final season, sigh again, will air in March of 2017. For more information on the Bates Motel TV series, visit: Bates Motel on A&E



And if you're wondering about Pineview Institute where Norman voluntarily checked himself into and out of, it's filmed at the University Women's Club of Vancouver located at 1489 McRae Avenue.


Be sure to check out: Fifty Shades of Vancouver!!  





                 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment